Primary School’s Sports Funding
Click HERE for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
The Sports Premium
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. The government are spending over £450 million on this funding over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016.
Purpose of the funding
School leaders have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
Please click on the link below to see Great Moor Infant School’s Sports Premium Report 2018-19 and a breakdown of how the school intends to utilise the Primary School’s Sports Fund.