SEN Information Report
Please find attached our SEN information report which contains the following information:
- The Areas of SEN that are provided for at Great Moor Infant School
- Processes for identifying children and young people with SEN and assessing their needs
- The name and contact details of the SENCO
- Arrangements for consulting parents of children with SEN and involving them in their child’s education
- Arrangements for consulting young people with SEN and involving them in their education
- Arrangements for assessing and reviewing children and young people’s progress towards outcomes and evaluating the effectiveness of the provision made for children and young people with SEN
- Arrangements for how Parents/Carers and Pupils are involved in reviewing progress towards outcomes and evaluating the effectiveness of the provision made for children and young people with SEN
- Arrangements for supporting children and young people who are looked after by the local authority and have SEN.
- Arrangements for supporting children in moving between phases of education.
- The approach to teaching children and young people with SEN
- How adaptations are made to the curriculum and the learning environment of children and young people with SEN
- The expertise and training of staff to support children and young people with SEN, including how specialist expertise will be secured
- Information on where the local authority’s Local Offer is published. (This can also be accessed via the SEND and Inclusion tab
- How children and young people with SEN are enabled to engage in activities available with children and young people in the school who do not have SEN
- Support for improving emotional and social development. This should include extra pastoral support arrangements for listening to the views of children and young people with SEN and measures to prevent bullying
- How the school involves other bodies, including health and social care bodies, local authority support services and voluntary sector organisations, in meeting children and young people’s SEN and supporting their families
- Arrangements for handling complaints from parents of children with SEN about the provision made at the school
You will also find attached a One Page Profile of the SENDCo so you can find out more about them and a blank SEN Plan for information.
For details of how the curriculum is adapted or made accessible for pupils with SEN please follow the School Offer tab to our Provision Maps for each area of SEN.
To access the SEN Policy please see the Policies tab.